Office Break (a stealth game)

@Bluzima Thank you! And congratulation for your time it’s pretty fast!

@Lugdanum Merci beaucoup ! J’espère que c’est pas trop dur quand même :astonished:

1 Like

The tutorial and the whole game, concept, graphisms, sounds, details, are funny, and actually true. Didn’t happened to me, but I know it can be difficult to go to the toilets in some jobs…

One problem : I play on mac, but the ‘control’ key doesn’t work (or I didn’t find), so I cannot run.

Yes it can be a serious issue unfortunatly!

About the control key problem, I how did you do for the tutorial? You have to run at the beginning to continue.

Thanks! Well it’s my first game so I didn’t use any frameworks or APIs :sweat_smile: If you have a question about something specific I would be happy to answer it!

It’s true. I don’t don’t know how I did. I pressed a bit everywhere on arrows, control and command keys. Pressing command and arrows on Mac creates a little bug: the character keeps on walking even when arrows realeased (not in your game, but in GDevelop, or some settings in my computer). I don’t know if the issue was about it.
If you get a chance to try it on mac, or anyone else, you’ll see if the control key does have a problem or if it’s just for me.

1 Like

Excellent tutorial. I found that first boss is still tricky to get past with a tight timer; then I remembered I can run, and got through it easily enough.

I got an upgrade after the first level, and it took me a while to figure out it you can customise the play character and I’d unlocked a new set of eyes for the customisation. Initially I thought it was a new power, maybe the ability to see where the bosses are looking.

But otherwise you’ve managed to produce a nicely polished game.

Thanks a lot!

Yes you’re right the rewards you get at the end of the level can be confusing, I’ll change that so it’s clear what you get. But the idea of unlocking new power it’s a good one!

For those who played the game, in your opinion what is the genre of the game? I’m not sure what to choose in the game details.

Definitely a stealth game. Not sure if there are many other genres that could be used as a label.

1 Like

Thanks, there’s no “stealth” genre unfortunatly, so I put “Strategy”, I think it’s the closest one :thinking:

What are the genre options? Can you choose more than one?

Here’s all the options, we can choose up to 3:

Hello everyone,

I’ve made some improvements to the game : Office Break | Play on gd.games

The major change is that you can now set the difficulty to make it easier, the options are :

• normal
  • easy (enemies are slower)
  • beginner (enemies are slower and there’s no time limit)

It should be more accessible this way. I also clarified some texts in the menus, like the tips you get when you have a game over screen, and fixed some bugs.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

I’ve tried the game & cleared the 1st level.
As far as 1st impressions go, you’ve done a mighty fine job! :smiley: :+1:

Pros

• Solid, exhilarating gameplay :astonished:
  • Cohesive art & sound design
  • Comedic NPCs :rofl:

Cons (Mostly just minor nitpicks)

• Player character seems to easily get stuck on geometry (although this might just be a skill problem on my part. :sweat_smile:)
  • Game on gd.games doesn’t work properly on certain browsers (Doesn’t work on Opera, but runs fine on Chrome. Probably just a browser incompatability, nothing much can be done about that I guess. :man_shrugging:)

I used to work a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶p̶p̶e̶d̶ ̶c̶u̶b̶i̶c̶l̶e̶ ̶s̶l̶a̶v̶e̶ in an office job myself & I’ve got to say, the despair expressed by the office employee NPCs, as well as the unreasonable bullshit pulled by the soulless higher-ups… It’s hyperreal! :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Thanks for trying the game! And for the positive words :innocent:

For the cons, yeah I see what you mean about geometry, I sometime get stuck myself :sweat_smile: I did my best to “smooth” the level design but there’s still some spots a little tricky, it comes from the way I designed the false perspective. But maybe there’s some bugs left, if you’re stuck in the middle of a wall for exemple, it’s not normal. Overall I recommand not to be “behind” something too much.

For the browser compatibility I think it’s out of my reach.

I’m happy if you found the ambiance hyperreal, it’s almost based on a true story… (and I hope you were at least able to take pee breaks at your job :grimacing:)

1 Like

Hello everyone,

There’s a new update for the game : Office Break 1.0.5

• :video_game: Controls: there’s was some problems using Control key (conflicts with browser shortcuts or on Mac), so I don’t use Control key anymore. You run with SHIFT and move slowly with X.
  • :trophy: Leaderboard: you can now compare your progress rate with other players
  • :hammer: Bug fixes, the more importants being:
    • achievements doesn’t unlock by themselves anymore (and they’re easier to unlock)
    • player can’t go outside the office by being pushed (or at least it’s harder :sweat_smile:)

I’m also working on a new game mode, to give players a way to enjoy the game differently.

As always: enjoy!

3 Likes