Panel sprite has glitched lines

I’m having problems with the panel sprite where it looks like it takes a pixel and stretches it along the entire sprite on a grid pattern.

Ex:

The panel sprites also “flicker” between looking normal and glitched whenever the camera is moving and it looks awful.

It isn’t supposed to look like this and I have no clue how to fix it. I’m new to this game engine and have basically been stumbling forward hoping that the next wall I run into isn’t mountain sized.

:wave: Hi and welcome here :slight_smile:
Can you share one of these sprites, so we can reproduce the issue on our side?

these are the 3 sprites I’m using with the panel sprite that are having issues.

T=12, B=12, L=12, R=12
Ground1

T=14, B=2, L=8, R=8
Ground2

T=14, B=18, L=10, R=10
Ground2-Platform

idk how to link the files themselves but I hope this helps

Thanks.
I can reproduce the issue in the scene editor, depending on the zoom, but I can’t see it in the Preview.

For me the line glitches appeared whenever the camera was In motion, like when It was following my player character. Also, the glitch would sometimes disappear when my character would stand still.

Ex (sorry for low quality):
The Problem

I think its a camera position issue or something.

OK. This problem has already been reported, but cannot be fixed on our side. This is an issue with one of the components we use, PixiJS.

Idk if it really matters if I post this seeing how long ago I made this post but for anyone that has this issue setting the camera zoom to a whole number seems to resolve the issue.

1 Like

hi there
I think the best solution for now is to make your source images bigger

Hi here,
This is investigated here: Panel Sprite render issue · Issue #7018 · 4ian/GDevelop · GitHub
It might not be fixed soon since the underlying issue does not seem clear.
So in the meantime, I think that the best workaround is to use the tilemap object instead.

I don’t know if this is related and if I can help clarify the issue, but many times when I try to adjust the size (either width or height) of a panel sprite, if I adjust it by one pixel, the entire object moves slightly up or down; then, if I resize another pixel, it goes back to the previous position. If I resize another pixel, the position changes again, and if I resize another pixel it returns to the previous position, and so on. This causes it to misalign from where I was positioning it and I have to find the fit between moving it manually and the involuntary movement that is made when adjusting the size. This happens when I adjust the size using the arrows in the editor (not always, but the vast majority of the time). Another thing that happened to me (unusual) is that there is also a cut of the image in the preview but not in the editor. I was able to fix it by deleting the object and placing a new one in that same place.