Pathfinding help <SOLVED>

Hello I’m trying to create a tower defense game where the enemy units will keep circling the area until they are destroyed or when a certian number or enemies are spawned and the game is over. However I keep finding that the enemy units pathfinding function suddenly stop at random whenever the unit count reach 20 and higher. Can someone point out what I did wrong or how to fix this? Thanks! I have attached the code and the video of what the problem is.

Video

Why are you moving to Path5 when your variable is both 3 and 4?

1 Like

Repeats and Trigger Once within them are finicky beasts. I suspect there’s a clash of how we think it should work, and how it actually works. Have a look at this post to possibly get an understanding of how the trigger once conditions work (it’s a bit further down the page)

You don’t need those trigger once conditions, and I suggest you get rid of them as this may solve the issue. When the conditions are met, you change both the path variable and find a new path, so on the next round of repeats those conditions won’t be true any more.

2 Likes

Thank you very much! Will try to implement these and see how it works. Much appreciated!

OMG! I was a bit sleepy when I did this I didn’t notice thanks for the heads up will fix it right away.

UPDATE: I followed both of your advice and it now works smoothly! Thank you very much!

1 Like