Piskel Trouble Keeps Copying Frames!

Having trouble saving frames in Piskel. Wheven I use my spritesheet it only saves the first frame of the animation and turns the rest of the frames into copies of the first! I’m going crazy, I tried downloading piskel by itself and then importing it into the game but it still copies the first frame! Is this a problem with piskel? Gdevelop??

3 Likes

Hello @quwu,
it is very strange. Did yuo tried with OnLine Piskel ?
https://www.piskelapp.com/p/create/sprite

Thenks and regards,
J

yes and unfortunately no luck

I have the exact same issue with my project. Although the desktop app did work for me. I downloaded the piskel app, do all my animations in that and then export them a zip so I can get all the individual frame pngs which I can then add into GDevelop as an animation. The second I open piskel in the app it duplicates the frames. Its a real pain.

1 Like

Has this problem been fixed yet? I’ve been having real trouble with this lately.

sorry this has taken me so long!-took a long break but now im back into it…i think it was just a bug because I have not had this problem since

It doesn’t look like this is getting addressed any time soon, but I found a way to fix it. If an animation gets bugged like this, go into the editor, load a backup save of your animation that isn’t bugged, and save it locally (but name the local save something else). After that, exit and reenter the editor, load the local save, and save the animation. Preview the animation to double check that it looks like how it should.

hi everyone! sorry for such a late response but i just uninstalled and reinstalled the gdevelop application and that seemed to fix the issue- probably just a bug. I havent had the issue since then