Problems with changing animation

The animation is supposed to change when the enemy takes damage, but I don’t see the error, I’m following a GDevelop tutorial on YouTube, the playlist is “Make Your First Game”, right now I’m following the tutorial to learn, then I’ll make a version inspired by Nuclear Throne.

1 Like

Does the Hurt(1) animation of Pez have more than 1 frame?

What are the events further down the event sheet?

@fern5d
Please let me know when your game is done.
I wanna play it looks cool.
:grinning:

Yes, it lasts more than one frame

Here are the rest of the events:

These two events will be overriding the Hurt(1) animation:

You’ll need to add a condition to each to check the animation is not Hurt(1).

Could you tell me how to do it?

Add this condition to each but with not equal to as the comparer:

I can’t understand what you’re referring to, what I’ve achieved is that when the projectile hits the enemy, it changes the animation to damage and then the walking animation is executed, it’s like the bullet activates the damage and running animations.

Yes, I understand what you’re trying to do. I’m explaining why it’s not working.

From what I’ve understood, the Hurt animation is not being played, but it goes straight into the walk animation. If I’ve got this correct, then it’ll most likely be because of the two events I posted about earlier.

To these two events:

add this condition:

It’ll prevent the Hurt animation from being changed while it’s playing.

Man… Now yes, hahaha…

What do you recommend I do? You already know that I have the idea of ​​making a version of nuclear throne, a game mostly inspired by that game, but I’m new, and if a guide or someone helps me I can get stuck, by the way, do you know how the AI ​​prompt is used maybe it will be helpful to create mechanics for the game in an easier way, but I don’t know how it works exactly, I’m thinking of planning the game, which I haven’t done yet haha, that is, name, mechanics, enemy abilities… you know, what should I do? Do you think the fact that I don’t know English won’t complicate things for me?

That’s what this forum and the Discord channel are for. If you’re stuck, then ask away and someone should be able to help.

Create a game design document, so you have the ideas down.

No, that shouldn’t be an issue. Online translation sites and services are very helpful in this regard.