QuarantinE - Y.A.P.C

So, I made QuarantinE - Y.A.P.C. (Yes, Another Pacman Clone). You can play it online for free here…

I was a bit stuck with my main project and while attempting to help a fellow member here @hook with a pacman problem I ended up making an example for him and kept working at it… So, the next day, this friend of mine who has a company that makes sanitizers among other things posted a picture that shows pacman in the whole pandemic. And it clicked…

I hope you like it, the base game was made in a day, then I had to spend another day making it from scratch in GD4 (yes I still use it…) and then another 10 days polishing, making menus, graphics music etc… There are 15 different levels all with increasing difficulty and after the 15th level they get randomized every level.

Everything in this game is made by me except from the motivational stamps you can see on the beginning and end screens where they were taken from pixabay…

Give it a shot and tell me what you think either here or as a comment on itch.io

Some Screenshots from the game…

2 Likes

Very nice game, im trying to learn gdevelop by making a sort of pacman game, having problems with the ai, would you be kind enough to show your ghost movement code.
Cheers

Glad you liked it…

I would share the code but it is in gdevelop4 and I don’t think you should start with that…
However, the whole game came to be after I had a conversation here with a guy who was trying to get the AI pacman to work and I was trying to help… Check this post where I have a link to a working prototype. You should be able to figure it out…

1 Like

Thanks, will have a look!

1 Like