[Solved] GDevelop won't auto update. Always did until today

I got a notification today that GDevelop would update automatically, as it has done many times since I installed it last April/May. But it won’t. I close GDevelop and no update happens, no matter how long I leave it until I load GDevelop again. No ‘What’s new’ screen pops up when I load again - nothing.

Every time I open GDevelop I am told an update is available. I restarted my PC, and the same thing happens when I get back into Windows (11). I end up with many notifications (8 now), all saying that an update is available and will be applied automatically.

When I look at ‘About GDevelop’, I see this:

"This version of GDevelop is: 5.1.159 (editor full version: 5.1.159-e7d213534e688726be2e29563fa2aca6fed02c22, core version: 4.0.99-0-release)

Updates

Error while checking update"

Is there any way I can nudge it into working again, or do I need to uninstall it and download the latest version manually? Thank you.

Edit: When I look at the ‘What’s new’ tab, the version listed there is 5.1.160. That suggests to me that GDevelop doesn’t know that it is the latest version and will continue to tell me it’s going to update.

2 Likes

Download and install, no need to uninstall (your settings will remain the same).

2 Likes

Thank you. Installing the latest version over the top of my existing installation has fixed the problem. It’s now showing the latest version number and no longer telling me an update is available. Hopefully the next update will install and register correctly, as they usually do.