[Solved] What's the point of object groups in functions/behaviors?

The wiki doesn’t seem to explain this; it only talks about object groups in the scene editor, unless I missed it. I don’t see any difference in terms of setting the parameters or anything. :face_with_monocle:

Groups serve the same purpose in the function and the scene, it is works the same.
The point is that If you want to group certain objects in your function but not in the scene then you can group them in the function only.

:ok_hand: Thanks.

(too short)

Edit: An explanation in the wiki would still be nice.

1 Like

Unfortunately I cant edit the wiki but @Nilarjun might care to take a look :+1:

Sure, it’ll be helpful if you could provide the link to direct me to that particular wiki page :smiley:

1 Like

Maybe one of these since the tab appears on both functions and behavior functions.
You decide where is best. :slight_smile:
http://wiki.compilgames.net/doku.php/gdevelop5/events/functions
http://wiki.compilgames.net/doku.php/gdevelop5/behaviors/events-based-behaviors

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll see what I can do :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ddabrahim The grouping feature present when making a new function is for grouping parameters, right?

The “Object Groups” term used in the function creation menu is different from the one we use to group objects in the scene?

It is for grouping Object parameters, can not be just any parameter it must point to an object.

It is the same except in the function you are working with parameters that points to an object while in the scene you are working with the actual objects but “Object Groups” serve the same purpose in both the function and scene and works the same, only the way you reference the object is different but I would think essentially the same.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification :slight_smile:

@ddabrahim @Phenomena I added a small piece of information in the wiki. Let me know if it’s clear. Suggest me improvements, if any :slight_smile:

Link: Functions [GDevelop wiki]

Added this part:

2 Likes