Some glitches in the UI but no showstoppers...

I just love this piece of software! Great work! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
I run under Windows 7 x64 with all the latest MS patches.

I have however come across these minor glitches so far:

• The edit link for objects in the properties list becomes inactive when returning from editing.
    :exclamation: Workaround: By clicking on another line in the properties dialogue the link once again becomes active.

• The name of objects (at least tiled sprites) in the instances list does not update. Nor does the ā€œlockedā€ column when the object is marked as locked.
    :exclamation: Workaround: It seems that if I lock and then unlock the object by right-clicking it and selecting the menu option to lock/unlock, the name and the lock column will update properly. Doing the same thing from the objectsā€™ editor does not work.

• It is possible to select ā€œImages bankā€ in the menu bar but unless I also select ā€œImagesā€ in the Project manager or have opened that tab previously, the buttons are ā€œinactiveā€ in the sense that nothing happens if I click them. It would be nice if the Images item was opened automatically when the menu is selected.

• A similar problem seems to relate to the Code tab. None of the buttons perform any action. I guess some special code editor should be opened first. Not the javascript editor though as that is not affected by these buttonsā€¦

• Compiling to native form and selecting to generate a single file (ā€œcompress in a single fileā€) under Windows does not work. Trying to run the resulting EXE file generates the message ā€œCould not read SFX configuration or configuration not foundā€. Maybe this is because I have 7Zip installed on my computer.
    :exclamation: Workaround: Do not compile to a single file.

This last item is now solved!
This was probably caused by an invalid cached file. Clearing my browser cache fixed it.
Thanks to ā€œvictorā€ and ā€œmtarzaimā€ for helping me debug this! :slight_smile:
[size=85](- Exporting for the web without selecting the ā€œminify and optimizeā€ does not work in Windows. The resulting web page will just show a black screen but does not load anything. Could be that later versions of java script security has altered the behaviour of modern browser versions.
Workaround: If I do select ā€œminifyā€ and ensure that Node.js is installed, all works fine!)[/size]

Cheers!
/Mats B.

Hi,

Strange, it works on my computer (also Win7 x64, with Firefox), what browser do you use ?

Hi Victor!
I have tried Chrome V39.0.2171.95m and IE V11.0.9600.17501.

It could perhaps be related to the web site which is managed by ā€œone.comā€.
I should add that if I do a preview it works fine. It is only the published site that fails i.e. when the files have been put on a real web server on the Internet and thus is not running locally.

Thanks for looking into this!

Best,
/Mats

Thatā€™s strange because the game is executed on the computer (as itā€™s js and html5).
Can you open the dev console put all error messages here ?

Firefox or nothing.
IE cannot process ogg. So it wonā€™t work. As for chromeā€¦

If both web and windows local export works fine, it isnā€™t a GD problem.

one.com probably force a limit to CPU/memory use on its server.
Meaning that if your game grows too big, even minimization wonā€™t resolve this issue.

Youā€™re wrong mtarzaim, the game is not executed on the webserver, it is executed on the local computer. So, there are not limits. :wink:

Thanks guys! :slight_smile:

It seems I must have had a cached file that caused the problem.
I cleared the browser cache and restarted the computer and now both the node.js and the standard version work just fine.
Since I did restart the computer from yesterday I am assuming there was something in the caches of the browsers that was a left over from the trials I performed earlier.

Consider this item closed for now! Cheers!
/Mats

p.s.
I am updating the original post to reflect this fact.