Sonic game help?

I’ve been trying to make some Sonic like games and stages, but I’m kinda having trouble. I’ve got some of the sprites and sound effects down, but I’d like to know three things.

1. Is there a way to make a slope and/or loop that is done in a simple way?
  2. I’m trying to make the Boost mechanic, even though it’s 2D I still want to try it. Any advice?
  3. How do I make a part where I can make it into a simple cutscene?

If anyone can respond to these, that would be greatly appreciated. Any help with this game at all would be very grateful. Thanks!

The loop bit is a tad tricky - you’ve got the platform can be walked over in one instance, and walked through in another.

I’d suggest you search YouTube videos and see how it’s done (I realise they’re for other game apps) and apply those ideas in GDevelop.

2 Likes

you can make a cutscene by using the video object

1 Like

you can make boost by changing the player speed when the boost key is pressed and change it back to normal speed once the boost meter is empty or you stop holding the boost key

Could you give me some kind of video example please? I got lost in most of that explanation, sorry.

Reply 1: Where can I find this “Video Object” and how do I use it?

Reply 2: But how do I make a boost meter?

you can make a video object by: click the make new object button and DONT click the sprite click the one that says video

after clicking it. upload a video of your cutscene

I THINK you can make boost meter the same way how you can do life meter
(but some code being changed of course cause you need to refill boost too!)

Reply 1: I meant is there a way to show the sprits and make them move in a way that it’s actually an animation in the game, not a pre made one.

Reply 2: Show me a video example of the boost meter, please?

oh. if your using platformer character behavior for your player. then you can disable the behavior once the cutscene is starting and once the cutscene ends you can re-enable it.

and i dont really HAVE an example of a boost meter…
i COULD make one though

Reply 1: That still doesn’t help me!

Reply 2: That could help. If able, can you show me a video example?

Click on create a new project, and you will see many tabs on top of the current screen, you select “Example” and type in the search bar video, an example exist.
If you use the video object, be sure to read the messages in the object when you create one.
And click on Help button in gdevelop if you need help before asking here if you have an issue with the video object.

is this ''sonic" game your FIRST REAL game on GDevelop? if so. please go and try to learn more about GDevelop. maybe see tutorials and examples but do not try to do something FANTASTIC on your first try.
if you STILL don’t understand GDevelop then dont use it.

here’s something I made you can use to start out: physics engine test 1.0 by CoolGuy GAMES,
there’s also this version on my site: Sign in - Google Accounts