[Template] Castlia - create a metroidvania like in GDevelop 5

Hi mates today I give you: chan, chan chan, Castlia a free template to create a metroidvania like game.

Play here:
https://www.crimsongames.io/game/castlia-the-1-template-to-create-a-vania-like-game-in-gdevelop-5-35

Get the template here:

Castlia The #1 template to create a vania like game in GDevelop 5, with this template I almos demonstrate all the potencial of the GDevelop 5 Engine.

The idea is to let anyone who want to create a motroidvania game to use this as an starting point with almos all cover, the castle zones, the player state machine, the mini map with percentage competition, and much more…

Features

Features:

• Added custom extensions ones by me others from the community.
    The castle, zones and mini map

• Castle zone based.

• Mini map layout to display the castle zones.

• Mini map percentage, simple Math to calculate how much of the castle zones are visited.

• Zones: The castle is composed by zones by default in lightblue and when you already visited a zone this will be displayed in gray.

The player:

• 3 combo attacks.
  • Inventory system, example with 3 different objects, HP potion, MP potion, EXP potion.
  • Player level system, based on EXP per kill, or EXP per potions.
  • Double jump and Dash adquirible as collectable items.

Environment:

• Teleport compass, demonstrate how to teleport the player inside the castle.
Must read

Please the only thing I request is for you to do not use the assets, music and sounds for resale.

Important for me:

For the rest of the code is under this awesome license:

Personally I think that the best thing about this template is the license of the code that I have written inside, basically you can do what the heck you want with the code.

Modify the events, variables, groups and anything as you like.

License

LICENSE:

DO WHAT THE HECK YOU WANT TO PUBLIC LICENSE

Version 2, December 2004

Copyright (C) 2021 Ulises Freitas <ulises.freitas@gamil.com>

Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim or modified

copies of this license document, and changing it is allowed as long

as the name is changed.

DO WHAT THE HECK YOU WANT TO PUBLIC LICENSE

TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COPYING, DISTRIBUTION AND MODIFICATION

1. You just DO WHAT THE HECK YOU WANT TO.

WTFPL|80x15

4 Likes

Awesome work! Looks fantastic from the video, I’m going to take a look at the events sometime later today!

1 Like

Hi, sure I really like to share examples and templates for anyone, I’m not so good programming so if my work can help anyone I’m glad. Plus sharing is caring, I really like to make tutorials about my code and samples but I’m not good at English speaking at all so.

I know making tutorials helps much as only creating the templates but I don’t have time to make them either, I don’t know maybe some day.

3 Likes

I rly like this game and its art! could u post like the tileset or character or both plz? great game!