Trigger once or at the beginning of the scene? (SOLVED)

Let’s say you have events that activate only once inside the scene, is there a difference in using Trigger once or at the beginning of the scene?

The difference is that trigger once on its own is time independent.
I’m not sure, but i think if you pause and resume a scene a conditionless trigger once would trigger again, while at the beginning of the scene would not.

1 Like

I had a similar question once, not sure if this will help you or not. “At the beginning of the scene” happens only once at the beginning of the scene, since “at the beginning of the scene” can only be true once. Using “trigger once” and “at the beginning of the scene” together is redundant.

“Trigger once” is dependent on a condition (meaning he actions will happen only once each time the condition is true). So, if you have events that activate only once in a scene and you want them to happen at some point other than at the beginning, then you would have to have them activate based on conditions at some point in the scene. Just make sure that condition can only be true once.

Could you elaborate on what the events you’re wanting to happen only once are, and at what point in the scene you’re wanting them to happen?

2 Likes

@Slash Thanks a lot for your answer.

@beanmatt thanks for explaining the whole thing, I have a tons and tons of events in the game so I just asked to make sure that I’m doing the right thing and so it was the case, I’m using at the beginning of the scene if the actions happens once at the beginning and triger once when I need that action to happen at some point inside the scene, so all good :slight_smile:
Thanks a lot for the explanation.