Try my procedural platformer test

I’ve been toying around, and i came up with this little mechanic, lemme know what you think, and if you have any ideas on what i could do with this, or features i could add, please let me know

Thanks,
Inusitatus

4 Likes

It’s nice, it lags a little on my PC. I’m assuming you’re the one that posted about a scene with like a 1,000+ objects.

Now that I see it in action. A possible workaround would be to use a tiled or panel sprite for your columns. You could grow it by the size of the tiles. That way, each column would be 1 object. IDK if that would work through your entire project. I only played the beginning and I didn’t generate them.

try me: click start

This is a rough mockup but I hope you get my concept. Use it if you want to. It’s up to you. This only uses 9 column objects.

1 Like

Hmm, I don’t recall that post. however, i will consider using either of those objects. Will update it in a bit, but not the tile/panel stuff.

It must’ve been someone else.

ok, i updated it, for better looks, more “complete”. I have yet to try your version
Edit: Lag can cause gaps in formation, and if you try the konami code in game you can fly, as a sort of debug help, feel free to look around the generated map

2 Likes

Nice. Much smoother and better looking.

1 Like

Thanks, @Keith_1357! Let me know if you got any ideas to add.

1 Like

Is there a way to smooth the light transition or falloff? I have very little experience with lights. This seems unnatural. I understand it’s an early version. I’m just curious.

Hmm, if you mean where there is an obstacle, I have no clue, however, I used a sprite as the light texture, so it’d look less perfect, so to speak

1 Like

Yeah, I played around a little and that’s how the light works. I need to play some more out of curiosity. I wonder what it would look if it was a spotlight without any obstacles. Or maybe if the corners were rounder. It is what is. I was just curious. I know it’s a work in progress. Maybe with a lighter background. IDK.