[Feature in backlog] Using scroll to change properties without scrooling the panel

Note: a new instance property panel is now live. Some things had been changed and enhanced. You can learn all about it here: Scene Editor - GDevelop documentation
-Luni

Hello, :wink:

In the latest Gdevelop update (5.3.199), the Instance Properties Panel has been reworked (nice change! :v:). But in previous versions we have buttons to change Z Order, Animations, Angle, etc.

Now we don’t have those buttons anymore, but we can still use the mouse scroll to change the values (and in my opinion that’s enough). The only thing is the panel scrolls too:
gif

My feature request is: when the mouse is over the location of one of the properties AND this property is selected if we use mouse scroll the values change without scrolling the entire panel. If it’s not over the selected property it can scroll the panel.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Completely agree, but i say i liked the up and down arrows and they should be again here, because you can be more precisely with just one click instead of the scroll where you can scroll more or minus the number you need

2 Likes

Could you try:

• “up” and “down” arrows on your keyboard when you have the input selected
  • hover the input tag, and click and drag horizontally

Let me know what you see when you do these 2 things.

3 Likes

That’s cool, but I don’t use the arrows too much. Usually, in the editor, I work with a single hand on the mouse, chilling totally, so I don’t touch the keyboard a lot. Another thing that annoys me is when I click on the input and try to scroll up or down, but the instance panel scrolls with the numbers, which is a little annoying. I like the horizontal drag feature; it’s cool. I noticed another cool thing about the new instance panel: we lost the checkbox for custom object sizes, which was really helpful when adjusting proportions and wanting to return to the standard size. However, it’s been replaced with a reset icon for height/width, which is cool, but I didn’t notice it at first glance.

1 Like

I just noticed now we even lost the “Prevent from clicking/moving” option in the instance panel :skull:

There’s now a tiny padlock in the upper right corner that changes between the modes.

2 Likes

Ohh you mean it’s all of Three in one button, nice to know, it’s cool like that

2 Likes

It’s nice but a little vague. I wish GD did a better job of rolling out new features. A diagram of the changes in the release notes or a link to the documentation would’ve been nice.

https://wiki.gdevelop.io/gdevelop5/interface/scene-editor/#instance-properties-panel

2 Likes