[web] Can not set text of a Text object (setText is not a function)

I have several text objects that I create dynamically throughout the game. It works everywhere except in this one place. I have the following actions:

Seems trivial and I’m not getting any errors in GDevelop, but when I export my game (web export) the text object gets created, but the text is not being set:

Screenshot 2023-11-13 at 11.37.27

Instead, I’m getting the following error:

Error: Uncaught TypeError: gdjs.ScreenCode.GDplrEmojObjects1[i].getBehavior(…).setText is not a function

Looking at source code, it’s the following line:

gdjs.ScreenCode.GDplrEmojObjects1[i].getBehavior("Text").setText(":)");

Not sure how “Text” behavior of a Text object doesn’t have a “setText” function? I just updated from 5.2 to 5.3 and it works in preview, but not in (standalone) web export. And yet it works in web export with the text object I added earlier (in 5.2) - see that “Guest 3” label above the player? It’s also a text object and it works in that case, using the exactly same logic as in my 1st screenshot.

1 Like

Ok, it actually does work in web standalone export. just not when I load it through AirConsole (this is obviously related to the extension I’m working on - [WIP] AirConsole local multiplayer extension - #2 by Avram). But it really does act strange, in one case it’s working, in another it’s not.