Workflow Extention

Hello! I’m Pyroqua. I am making an extension to improve workflow, so I can make my game, “Astral Creation”, faster.

Are there any common conditions/actions that I could add?

I have already added these:

Be careful with your concept because if you use a custom condition (function) with multiple instances then the function would only return true or false. Unlike the conditions when they’re on the same event, it wouldn’t pick the touched objects. So, you would know that an instance was touched but not which one. Any scene action would use all of the currently picked instances.

You could use the function within a for each object since it would only test against 1 object at a time but that wouldn’t be as efficient plus you’d need to add a for each object. It wouldn’t be a great time saver.

While functions can be great time savers. I just wanted to make sure you understood the process.

1 Like

So with every condition I need the, “Set return value”?

When you add a condition, it adds the action to set the return value to true.

There needs to be at least 1 event that sets the return value to true. It’s what makes the condition true or false. It’s false by default. If any of the conditions are false then the actions don’t get triggered. If your function is set to true then it would evaluate any other conditions and if they were also true than the actions would be triggered.

There’s no other real difference between a built-in condition and one that you create except for the object picking which behaves similar to the compare numbers or string conditions.

Expressions return a set value type like number or string (text). Actions don’t use return values. It seems that you can set a return value but there’s no place in the event sheet to use the value. You can’t use an action in an expression or formula or as a condition.

There’s also a combined expression and condition. If you set it as that type, then the function can be used as a condition or an expression. You can’t create it as that type, you need to change the type after it’s created. Through the type dropdow on the configuration tab in the function.

1 Like