3D Editor In GDevelop

Dear GDevelop Community,

I hope this message finds you well.

I am writing to propose the inclusion of a 3D editor within GDevelop. As GDevelop continues to evolve and support more advanced game development features, I believe adding a 3D editor could significantly enhance the platform’s versatility and appeal to a broader range of developers.

Currently, GDevelop excels in 2D game creation, offering a user-friendly interface and robust functionality. However, with the growing interest in 3D gaming and the increasing demand for more complex game environments, integrating a 3D editor would be a valuable addition. This feature would allow developers to create immersive 3D worlds and experiences directly within the GDevelop ecosystem, without needing to rely on external tools.

A 3D editor in GDevelop could streamline the development process by providing:

1. Seamless Integration: A unified development environment that supports both 2D and 3D game creation.
  2. Enhanced Creativity: Tools for designing and manipulating 3D models, textures, and animations.
  3. Improved Workflow: Simplified asset management and scene construction within a single platform.

I understand that implementing such a feature may involve significant development effort. However, I am confident that it would be a highly beneficial addition for the community and would align well with GDevelop’s mission to empower developers of all skill levels.

Thank you for considering this suggestion. I look forward to any feedback or thoughts from the community and the development team regarding the feasibility and potential impact of this proposal.

Best regards,

2 Likes

I would like that idea

3 Likes

There already is a “3D editor” i think what ur meaning is a 3D viewport

There should be a little button to toggle 3D viewport so you ofcourse could do your 2D stuff and 3D stuff separately which would make it much less messy!!

this is what my 3D game is looking like, you cannot see what’s going on

if the 3D viewport gets implemented then some other stuff associated with it should to like the scale position rotation and drag tools (this would also be nice to have in 2D)

a 3D viewport/editor should just be a standard