A problem with the paths automatism

Hello everyone,

I’m trying to use the paths automatism in my project to make my life easier, but I only want to use it at a certain time - as in, once something happens, only then I want to start the path. The problem is that if I add this automatism to an object, it makes the object stay at the 0;0 position (or any other position which the Object main path has set).

What I want is to have a path predefined at the start, and start it later.

I tried to just create a new path, create it, and then use the Change the path action at the point when I want the path to start… But the object is created at 0;0 and stays there and ignores everything, because that’s what its main path is.

I also tried to set the object’s path to just an empty box, but that didn’t work either.

Anyone had experience with this?
Thanks.

There is an action to change the path origin if I remember correctly :slight_smile:

Well, yes, that is correct. But setting the path origin just makes the object sit at that point instead. My problem is that if an object has the automatism attached to it, it also uses the Object main path by default - and trying to interact with it (for example, changing it’s X position) doesn’t do anything, because it “follows its path”, which means sitting at the path’s default point.

Is it understandable from my lame explanation?

Maybe you can disable the automatism when you do not want the object to follow its path.
Then, you can activate it and set the path origin when the object must follow the path :slight_smile:

Oh, I didn’t know you could actually do that… It works now, thanks.

I feel like an idiot now. Next time I’ll research some more before asking. :laughing: