Could you make it so we can load gfx/sfx from external files, just like we can load XML data? This way we would be able to make very customizable game, e.g. with advanced level editor which allows you to also add own objects with own graphics.
For external sprite loading:
- We would get actions in Sprite/Animations and images:
[list][*]Clear animation - will delete all frames from animation with number given in action of an object
- Add frame from external file - will add frame from external PNG file which can be relative or absolute (if relative, it would be relative either to GDG file when in editor or game’s executable when compiled). There will be possibility to set delay in msec before next frame.
- Add empty animation - Self-explanatory. Normally useless, like clear animation, but in conjunction with frame loading, it’ll be powerful tool
- Set animation looping - Will take animation number, object and boolean (yes/no). Note that effect will take place when animation will be played next time, e.g. you’ll need to set it again if it was current animation
- Variant of “Copy image on the current object” will be added which would take external files (again, if relative, it would be relative either to GDG file when in editor or game’s executable when compiled).
For external sounds/music variants of normal music/sound playback actions will be added which would take external filenames no matter if it was compiled into “single executable” or simple directory with files (btw. those settings seems to don’t matter under Linux - always single executable is generated).