Ad networks and in-app purchases

Hi everyone, I have some questions about ad networks and in-app purchases.
So, I know that Gdevelop supports Admob. When I signed up with them, it showed you could display reward video ads through other ad neteworks like Chartboost, Vungle, ect. I’m wondering if Gdevelop allows you to use that, or has anyone done that before?
Secondly, my game is html5 and I’m going to export it to android with Intel XDK. Does anyone know if there is a way to write your own code to allow in-app purchases?
Thank you very much, any help much appreciated! :slight_smile:

Sorry because idk what to say, i justwant to up tje post because i’m also interested i to in app purchase ideas.

Can anyone help? I tried to put admob in my game, I followed the tutorial for it on the wiki but when I tested the game on my phone, it said the plugin wasn’t supported. Please help! :confused:

Does anyone know how to put admob ads in an android game? The tutorial on the wiki must be outdated because it didn’t work. Thank you. :slight_smile:

Many people might know, don’t loose your patience ! i’ve seen admob working in many project on playstore. Can you give us more info about the error (screenshot of the phone ?).

I don’t know much about this because I have never tried to use ads but it might be a compatibility problem between the cordova plugin and the Android version you are using or the admob object in GD does not support the plugin version you are about to use. I don’t think you can do anything about it. But actually, I don’t think it worth to use ads anyway. Ads are nothing but annoying to people maybe a few going to click on the ads by accident. From my personal experience, most people going to avoid and ignore the ads anyway or if you are pushy and put ads in to their face and near important buttons, people may end up uninstalling your game. Your game need to be really good to make people tolerate ads.

The only way it worth using ads these days if people get something for clicking on CPC ads, like if you click the ad just popped up you gonna get a booster or special item or something, or it a full screen CPM ad which is pops up only once in a while and pay per impression. But I’m not sure if GDevelop or even admob supports any of these.

I don’t think you can do it, at least it would require so much and deep coding it would make no sense any more to use GDevelop because most of the things should be done in code and it would just turn in to a mess. Simply because at this moment GDevelop core engine have no clue what an in-game store item would be and how to handle it, so you need to mess with the core game engine under the hood. It sounds too much trouble to me.

The fact is, if you want to monetize your game through ads and in-app purchases, GDevelop is not the right choice. If you want to make a game and have fun while making your game and share it for free, GD is perfect but in case you have serious ideas and expect thousands of people play your game and make money from it, GD got no tools and infrastructure to help you with that one. GDevelop is not even can be considered as a tool for Indies but a tool for Hobbyists.

Thank you for your reply :slight_smile: I realized the plugin is only not supported in app preview mode (they say that on their website.) I’m still going to try to get ads to work, although I do realize the chances of me making any money are obviously very slim. Admob does not support reward ads unfortunately. I had fun making my game anyway :smiley: If anyone wants to try my game, it’s on the Google play store. It’s called Bloopy, and it’s by Boss Studios. Thank you!