Android Sound Issues

Hello all! I’ve been playing with GDevelop for about a week and it’s a lot of fun.

I am having a couple of audio issues when trying an APK on my phone. I have an HTML5 base game. I tried both exporting to regular HTML5 and exporting to Cordova before building with Intel XDK, and I get the same behavior either way. I also tried different versions of the Cordova plugin.

Issue 1:
My sound effects don’t play on Android. I am using the event “Play the sound XYZ” with an mp3 file.

Issue 2:
Music will start, but will not stop. This causes multiple tracks to play on scene changes. I am using the events “Play the music XYZ on channel N” looped, with an mp3, and “Stop playing music on channel N.”

I have no audio issues when playing the play HTML5 export of my game in a web browser.

I found a thread similar to my issue but no resolution was posted. viewtopic.php?f=36&t=7856

Has anyone else experienced this issue? If not, would anyone suggest where I can try looking next?

1. Right click the scene, “edit the properties”, an tick “stop all sound and music on startup”.

Thanks for the reply!

I just tried “stop all sound and music on startup” both checked and unchecked. Unfortunately, it didn’t seem to change any of the behavior I’ve observed.

The library managing audio on HTML5 games has been updated for the next version of GDevelop. It fixes a bug with music looping and it may fix other issues. :wink:

For issue 1, aren’t sound effects limited to .wav files?

For issue 2, well, that’s good to hear. No pun intended. :stuck_out_tongue:

For both issues, check your browser.
IE and Chrome hold differently from Firefox. The last one gives better results with GD.

I’m having a similar issue. I am using multiple channels of music and it seems that the stop action doesn’t work on Android.

Sorry for reviving a month-old topic, but I’m also experiencing this non-stopping audio problem with my music when creating a build with XDK. My game is practically done, but I can’t release it until this error is fixed - just wondering how long it’s going to take before the next update that fixes this problem come out.

Thanks!