Animation expressions should all be inside the behavior

All of the Animation expressions (or functions) should be under the Animation behavior. It would make things consistent and easier to find. (Or whatever the technical terms are)

Currently, these are listed under Animation.

While AnimationFrameCount and Sprite are listed under the object.

2 Likes

What do you expect them to do for 3D models?

1 Like

I’m not sure I understand the question. Maybe my phrasing was too broad. I feel that all of the animation expressions which apply to the animation behavior should be inside the animation behavior.

As pictured in my original post, duration, elapsed time, index and speed scale are listed in the behavior but animationFrameCount and Sprite are under the object. (there’s also name but I was using the expression as a number which hides the string choices)

Do 3D models have an animation frame count or sprite? (sprite is an odd name. I’ve always felt that should be frameNumber but that’s another issue)

My point is that it seems that those 2 items apply only to the animation and that it would be easier to find the expression if they were listed all together under animation.

If I’m misinterpreting the mechanics then I understand.

Expressions in the “Animation” capability behavior are shared by Sprite, 3D Model, Spine and animatable custom objects.

3D models and spine don’t use frames.

2 Likes