Character Animation help?

Hey people, so i have a basic attack animation for my sprite. When he is facing in the right-hand side, the animation works perfectly. He stands in place and casts a spell. However, when the character is facing the left-hand side, the animation appears to be pushing the character a couple steps back, as if it is pushing against an invisible wall. Mind you this doesn’t happen if he is facing the right-hand side.

Right hand side
zr%20(5)

Left hand side
Zap%20spell%20(5)

My goal is to have this sprite stand in place and perform the attack while facing the opposite side, not appear as if he is being pushed back.

Any tips?

I think it is by the pixel referenced as 0 on X.
I mean whrn you’re right sided reference x,y for srpite is for example your hut, when is flipped to left 0,0 is the end of the ray.
b

Hey,

You need to go to the object properties, “Edit points” and move or add a symmetry point that is where you want it (middle of the chest, for instance) so the sprite flips properly.

1 Like

Hi, okay so what you said makes perfect sense! I go into the object properties, edit points. This is where i get lost though. I see those two crosses, the red and the yellow one, and the X and Y stuff, but where do i add a point, and where do i move that red and yellow one? I try moving them around, but it doesn’t seem to have much of an effect