Checking the turns

It was to be expected the sooner or later I will create my own topic on “help” forum, so here I am and hello and welcome everybody.

I’m trying to create turn based battle scene similar to Darkest Dungeon battles. I got scene variable to checking which turn is it. Its beginnig value is 0, when battle will start it will be switching between 1 and 2 - 1 is for player move, and 2 is for enemy. And it will be back to “0” after the battle, before go to the next scene

For developing stage I want to show a turn variable on the battle screen when i using preview and I got the “change the text formule” at the beginning of the scene.

When scene starting turn is “0” and welcome screen shows. When I click “start” button, welcome screen is deleted and it’s works how it should be, but text about turn is still “0” and I don’t know - is turn variable is really still “0” OR my text object works kinda bad.

How to fix it?

You are setting the witchturn text in a beginning of scene event. This only gets actioned once, when the scene first starts.

If you want the text changed, set it again when the variable turn is modified.

thank you very much <3