Compile for Raspberry PI

Hi all,
Is it possible to compile apps for Raspberry PI? I have made apps for Linux with no problems but when trying to run the apps on a Raspberry PI 3 it won’t run. Can it be that the Raspberry PI runs on a ARM cpu? If so, is there a solution for this?

Cheers

Farid

Hi, I know nothing about Raspberry Pi but if it runs on ARM maybe you have better luck with exporting as Android app? Although I think you’ll still have to do a lot of work to get it running.

Ah, ok. I will check the possibility to install an apk on a Raspberry PI.

Thanks

//Farid

It is possible, you just need to build the game manually. Install NodeJS, create a manual export for PC, open a terminal in your manual export folder, run npm install to install the build tools and then npm run build -- --armv7l -l AppImage to create an ARM Linux appimage build.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. I have done a manual build once and it was really complicated. I followed the guide and it didn’t work, but a friend of mine who is very experienced in using the terminal on a Mac found some kind of workaround, using another method then the one in the guide. But I’ll give it a try…

Cheers

Farid

1 Like