I encounter a strange problem.
For an unknown reason, launching a preview in my project causes GDevelop to crash, without even loading the preview loading bar. I did several tests to know if anything in my code causes a bug. Like a wrong expression or an endless loop. I couldn’t find such thing. But I encountered a strange situation that made me think the problem is not necessarily in my code. Here it is:
- I launch a preview of my project.
- the preview opens and loads fine
- I close the preview.
- Without touching anything else, I launch a new preview.
- The preview doesn’t load and crashes GDevelop.
Here what is displayed:
So I’m a bit hopeless, since I wouldn’t know what kind of comparative tests I could make to find a bug, since with the same code, one preview works, and the second doesn’t.
Except all of your suggestions, I would have two more accurate questions:
- 1 - what exactly does GDevelop when launching a preview, before the loading bar?
And the most important in my case:
- 2 - does GDevelop keep any information between the first preview and the second? What is different that could cause my bug?
If any idea, thanks a lot!
(I’m using the latest version, 5.1.155, on mac, and problem is the same on PC with version 5.1.151)