Easily Customize in-game controls

Hello there everyone, this will actually be my first post here on the forums. So I have been trying to figure out how exactly to create custom controls, I just want the standard W, A, S, and D controls for basic movement. I want to be able to jump by clicking the spacebar as well. If possible to set other custom controls for certain things then that would also help greatly. Therefore, anyone that could help would be greatly appreciated; maybe even someone could make me an example for me to go off of or copy and paste from. As said all help is appreciated.

Recommendation
I think that this feature should be implemented into the Platformer Object Automism property rather than just the arrow and shift key to jump default configuration. It would make it even more simple, and it’d be very nice.

If default controls are not adapted to your game, just uncheck ‘Default controls’ in the properties of the automatism ( In the scene editor or in the objects editor ).
Then, in the events, add events like these:

Conditions : Key W is pressed Actions : Simulate Left key press for MyCharacterObject

Platformer template uses such actions to move some enemies. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the reply, it helped me out and it was exactly what I was needing. However, I can’t figure out how to set custom settings to the jump. I configured it to jump you press the spacebar. Thanks again for the help. :slight_smile:

OR, why not remove default controls altogether and just add actions like Move Left, Move Right, jump, move up ladder, move down ladder, etc.?

It’s easy for beginners (just add the automatism and it works) and it’s easy for advanced users (just unchecked “default controls”).
In my view, it is really an aspect of the automatism that does not need any tweaking: It is just perfect, so better use my time doing other things. :slight_smile: