Game Preview stalls at 97%

Hey all.

Having another problem. When I hit preview to check to see if my code is right the web page opens and then stalls at 97%. Since the last time I hit prieview I had changed nothing except a firerate variable. I have dumped my cookies, history, cache, restarted GD and the Computer but it till hangs at 97%. Any thoughts?

Do you use Chrome? I had similar issue until I switched to Firefox. Guess it’s not entirely compatible with Google’s excuse of a browser.

Also check your events. Maybe you messed something up. That could cause such issue as well.

Open the developer console of your web browser (often in “development tools > Console”) and post the content of the console.

When the loading doesn’t finish, it can be due to a bug related to GD. Do as Victor said: Open the developer console of your web browser (often in “development tools > Console”, or press F12) and copy and paste here the content of the console.

Also, are you using the most recent version of GameDevelop?

Below is what I found if I found the right onw. There was a Web Console and a Browser Console. This is what I found in the Browser console. The Web Console opened at the bottom of the window and had nothing in it.

I have the latest GD. Just updated last week.

Also Darkhog, I am using Mozilla. I just can’t stand Windows Explorer and Chrome bothers me with its targeted tracking habits.

Error: successfully compiled asm.js code (total compilation time 105ms) box2d.js
SyntaxError: missing ) after argument list code0.js:972
false pixi.js:13
The character encoding of the HTML document was not declared. The document will render with garbled text in some browser configurations if the document contains characters from outside the US-ASCII range. The character encoding of the page must be declared in the document or in the transfer protocol. localhost:2828
TypeError: this._eventsFunction is not a function

Could you send me the exported project?
You should check your expressions in the events: Check that there is not an extra parenthesis somewhere which is unnecessary.

4ian, I think he solved it:

Ah yes, didn’t see the answer. Nice :slight_smile:

I think engine should validate all expressions in all scenes before compiling it and in case of failure it should stop compilation with error and in editor scene in question should be opened with Events tab selected and offending event highlighted.

That would stop such errors at compile time (as it should be the case) with pointing player to where he made mistake. It would save you from lots of threads like that (when GD’s user base will grow, there will probably be lots of threads like that from newbs who misspelled something).

You’ll probably need to write your own validator, but logic is mostly there seeing like engine warns you about “wrong” expressions when you edit via event editing window, it just lets you ignore it (shouldn’t be the case) & doesn’t work if you happen to edit expression directly in event, because you used wrong number and you don’t want to open event’s window just to change it.