Game with over 1000 characters

Hi guys,

Say I want to create a game with over 1000 playable characters. The selected character will be used on all scenes of the game.

Should I turn all of the characters into Global Objects? Will the game have to load all of the characters for each scene?

What is the best solution in order to avoid lag and long load times? (I don’t have that many characters yet, just want to know how safe my method is)

1k characters?
I wanna see how that works
Unless you mean skins
Which still i would want to see
Just because of scope of how it look not to mention work you would need to put into it

And i think your only option is global objects
Otherwise you will need to copy paste them each scene which would be stupid or more likely painful experience
And there is no other way around it

Unless you would copy paste scenes themselves
But then if you would wish to adjust at least one object
Then you would need to go trough all scenes to repeat the process

I know it sounds ridiculous, but I plan to create a really really simple Gacha game and character collection will be the selling point of it. This is why I want to test how much the engine can handle before I proceed with more characters.

I can’t sit trough 50 menu positions just a text and 1 function for each
I want you sit trough 1000 objects

I would bow before you if don’t give up

I did something similar before with country flags (200 countries only).
I tried to combine all the flags as animations (one image per animation) for a single sprite and the engine started not responding at #50, probably because my computer is just low-end.
If you haven’t, use HSL and segment the features of your Gacha characters.
For example, a hair sprite, with animation inside it (curly, straight…) and variables for hue, saturation, lightness, and place those parts on an empty Gacha character.
This is more dynamic and produces unlimited possibilities but is horribly advanced and complex.