Games patterns and standards

Hi guys.
I want to make my own game, but I don’t wont to reinvent the wheel agian. Do you know any good source of knowledge, how to do a basic game mechanics?

I don’t wont to know how to code all of this in particular programming languages, or even translate it to the GDevelop’s Events Editor. I want to understand the genral concept like how to move background in 2D platformer games, 2D terrain manipulation (like in many old isometric strategy games - Populus, The Settlers, Sim City, etc), Fog of War and so on… Let say many standards in gaming industry.

I suggest you to start with the examples offered by gdevelop in the starting area of the software.
GD it’s easy but, of course , you have to study and play with it before to start a big project.

1 Like

There are a lot of awesome tutorials too, Youtube is awesome, or even reading the wiki can give you the basics. Most of the time when I encounter an issue, I check for an old forum post for tips and there usually is one.

1 Like

I found this beginner’s tutorial. I made a video for TOTAL BEGINNERS in GDevelop :)
This might help you understand your options.

1 Like