Get Ready to Dive into VR Development! 🌟

Ever dreamed of making your own VR game? :video_game: Soon, I’ll be releasing my VR extension for FREE! Yes, you heard it right - FREE! While donations are appreciated, all the files will be available to everyone at no cost.

Here’s what’s ready so far: :white_check_mark: Move in VR using the controller joystick :white_check_mark: Explore a 3D scene in VR :white_check_mark: See your controllers in VR :white_check_mark: VR button inputs

What’s coming soon? :soon: Grabbing objects :soon: Multiplayer support :soon: Teleportation

Check out the pictures below to see the incredible transformation before VR and after VR! :framed_picture::sparkles:

Stay tuned and get excited for this amazing VR journey! :rocket::sparkles: If you have any questions, feel free to ask, and I’ll be happy to answer them! :speech_balloon::blush:

:camera: Before VR
:camera: After VR
98f14ce42ca94b4b8fdd12ba2c3819d2

6 Likes
2 Likes

Fixes for Tomorrow:

• :milky_way: Sky Color Match
    • Ensure the sky color matches GDevelop for a seamless visual experience.
  • :hammer_and_wrench: Clear Movement and Easy Adjustments
    • Simplify movement mechanics.
    • Provide easy adjustments for everything, including the speed of the moving object the VR is attached to.
  • :star2: Lots of New Things
    • Expect a variety of exciting new features and improvements!
1 Like

Nice work! I am glad to see a lot of enthusiasm for VR in the Gdevelop community!

1 Like

I just tested it, it works in the meta quest browser. Let me know if you need someone to test out your extension. Thank you so much for working on this! I have a Quest 3.

Just so you know you made my day . I am really happy you found this extension helpful . I will work soon on adding some features and making it more organized Beacuse right now it’s basic and not really easy to use. But thank you for the review and support I really appreciate it. I am 17 years old teen who likes to invent stuff and it’s my first time creating GDevelop extension. My idea was so even 10 years old kids can create vr games easily, we are far from it but it’s a good start

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing that, I am working on a game with my daughter, and we are enjoying Gdevelop and your plugin! Keep up the good work!

Thanks, it’s still pretty simple extension I hope I would able to make it better.

1 Like

Can you do me a favor, can you post your example on how you moved the player? I am trying to figure out how to get that working.

I just moved the joystick it should work. Please dm me on discord or Facebook and I would guide you how to do that. Username on Facebook is ariel troyanovsky. Discord : hooty_hoot_hoot. I would be more than happy to help :blush:

But basically you need to create 3d box named player as object name and it should work

If needed I can send my example project I used to try the extension

Awesome, thank you so much I just sent a friend request on discord.

Please send me the example project I think that would help alot!

Does it work on quest 2?

Any luck on getting the example?

Would it be possible to play around with that viewpoint-flinging, teleporting feature that seems to be in a lot of the default apps on the VR headset thing? When I played around with the thing at the library +, for starters, it was difficult to get around most games that didn’t either have this or a joystick, and also, I think an exploration game where you, say, walk along a really long nature trail, or something, using that feature, would be pretty cool. It’s just that the feature was underutilized, and was only used in that small nature-dome one, and the lobby, so I’m unsure as to whether or not it’s even available for devs outside of the company who make the thing.

Showing interest; I personally wouldn’t have the skill to work with this sort of thing.

Any luck on updates or examples?

yep sorry for that my discord got deleted and this is my last year in school so I am really busy. this is my test project( a basic one that is showed in the video) :Unique Download Link | WeTransfer . I will probably push out an update with lots of new things in the next few weeks.