Ok so i think the scripts/codes won’t bother me much in the game i’m trying to make but i got a big problem,i’m not very good at making sprites(i tried MS Paint but it didn’t work out so well ) so is there any free and good Sprite making tools out there,i tried searching it but i can’t find a good one,so anyone here can give me a good sprite making tool ? Thx in advance
Well, I do not know if this is the best topic for that… but, if you are trying to create pixel art( 8-bit ) sprites, and you are at Linux( some of then have windows or Mac versions ), you can try:
If you want a cut-out animation, or tweening animations, you can try:
- Spriter: http://www.brashmonkey.com/ …the pro version is not expensive( $59).
- Synfig: http://www.synfig.org
- Blender: http://www.blender.org/
- Animestudio: http://my.smithmicro.com/anime-studio-2D-animation-software.html … debut vesion ($49,99)
Good luck !
Ok i think Mt Paint is a bit good,but i think its still gonna be hard i’m trying to make a 2D war game making the Tanks,other vehicles might be not so much hard but i’m really not good at making Soldier units but i think i’ll practice a little more so i can get it right . Btw last question what do you think would be better for me to make:
- A turn - based war game(Tanks,jets,ships) ?
- A platformer shooter game with lots of high-tech guns and lasers? or
- A top-down shooter with also lots of guns?
Well, I am not experience at building games, I am constructing my first one, but, for me, as an animator, I think that at first,ou need to think about a history, than what do you want as a game. What kind of emotions and user feedbacks. I think this is a part of aesthetics of a game.
I think a game has 3 basic elements: 1 ) a player, 2) an objective, and 3) the challenge, the obstacle.
But you have to consider about : A )the mechanics, B) gameplay and C) the aesthetics.
As I’ve told… I am learning too.