Help with Top-Down Sprite Rendering? (Solved)

So I was looking at the “Space Marine” tutorial that comes with GDevelop but I just couldn’t figure out how to get it done so I figured I’d ask the community. So I’ll start with explaining the controls so far, the player moves with WASD and faces wherever the mouse cursor is located on screen. Whenever a left mouse click happens the player goes into an attack animation where they swing a sword.

What I’m having trouble with is that I want the player’s sprite to change to a different sprite if the mouse is above, below, or behind the player, I have sprites ready but I can’t make it so if I move the mouse above the player the sprite will change. So the same sideways facing sprite just spins around when I move the mouse. This is also a problem when the attack animation plays because unless the mouse is to the right of the player then the sprite will bounce and it looks awful since it’s the right ways facing attack animation. I hope I’m explaining this well enough because I spent a good amount of time trying to fix this issue and just couldn’t do anything so if anyone could help that would be great.

Thanks if you spent time reading this.

(I figured out all I had to do was change the type of animation to 8 directions…)
(Devs can delete this post I guess)