How do I Make a doorway going into the next scene?

I am new to GDevelop and I use it on a Chromebook.

I’m making this game that I’m kind of proud of! I’ve found a way to teleport players to the next scene, by just putting the condition, then just make the event: Open url (and then the link of the scene I want the player to travel to). When I use the method I am using now, The game keeps opening tabs of different scenes! And, when I try going back to a tab, It creates like, eight new tabs! It is probably just a glitch. I go to the events section then I set the action to be: open url or file: And then the link of the next scene. I would just like to find a better way.

Can I get a javascript code to make the player teleport when it touches the door or the teleporter?

I would really like to find a BETTER way to teleport the player.

So you 100% should not be changing scenes using the “Open Url” event action. That’s explicitly for opening webpages.

You should instead be making your scenes in the same project, and using the “Change Scene” event action.

You also do not need javascript for this at all. Just put a door on the map, use the condition “If doorobjectname is in collision with playerobjectname” and “trigger once”, then use the change scene action.

3 Likes

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I got it to work! :wink::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

1 Like