How to implement movement via mobile sensors

Hi guys,

i am new to the Entire game developing scene, i am not that well versed in coding nor i am a designer,

i am trying to make a small puzzle game for android, where the player / object movement is based on “tilt / Rotation” though i know few actions and conditions are present in Gdevelop, i am not quite sure how to utilize them, can any one help me?

You can use the conditions that check for orientation and motion of the device. To use them, you can go to Sensors drop down and choose a condition. To learn more about this category, you can check out the device sensors wiki page.

1 Like

thanks piyush, i was really feeling lost… thanks for the help ^^

1 Like

i happen to come across example script where its used to move a ball, incidentally i was also trying to move a ball like object, i tried implementing the same code, it didnt work when i built it and used it on my phone… what couldve been the issue?

It is difficult to say without seeing your code
post it please

1 Like

i actually made it work, the issue was my default control option was checked on the player and also few conditions i was using to check for movement like " keypress condition " were still there so maybe coz of that, not sure. … i ended up removing them and it worked… now i am stuck with how to trigger animation based on mobile sensors…

you could simulate a keypress when the sensor does what you want, I think the object must have platformer behaviour. So for example when phone is turner right, simulate key cursor right and the player should start moving.

1 Like

really need to try that… i am brand new to game designing !!! :frowning: plus can u help me understand how to add Animation to sprite based on sensor movement… and how to transition between two different sprite animation

sorry but i haven’t worked with sensors.
You can take a look at the platform tutorial, there is the animation of olayer running and jump ing.
Then you have to adapt it as a reaction to the sensor you want to use

1 Like