Hmm…My best guess would be the following:
- Create one sprite that has the full ring in it.
- Each animation for the sprite should be a different the selector in each possible position.
- You will add the icons/text as separate sprites/items that sites ontop of the menu when visible.
- You would set up events based off the current animation of the menu. So “If Animation is currently 0 (Top position) AND Right key is pressed (or direction, etc) || Change to Animation 1 (Upper right position”
- You would then also have events for “If Animation is currently 1 AND Select key is pressed || do this thing”
Again, entirely a guess. There may be better ways to do it.
This is only good for four section only . I tried 8 but damn hard and add force event always buggy.
I’m glad it at least works for the 4 section, but can you show the events you made? Maybe there’s a way to make it work.
I tried and succeeded, for the graphical part, at least.
I created a sprite of 45° and then spawned it eight times with the same angle difference.
Then I spawned the weapon objects on available slots (points of the instances).
Give it a good try and show us where you get stuck, we’ll guide you along the way.
If you want 8 sections, each should be 45°, if you want 12, each should be 30°… to get a full circle.