I couldn't get normal inversion to work

I have a menu that I want this behavior:

I want the menu to become visible and tween into view when a player clicks an object in the AnimalHabitat group, if it is not already open from the user clicking another object in that group first.

I want the menu to stay still and do nothing if it has already tweened into view and the user for some reason continually clicks the SAME object they had clicked to open the menu in the first place.

I want the menu to disappear and reposition itself to its original location if it is already open and the user clicks a DIFFERENT object in the AnimalHabitat group.

I want the menu to disappear and reposition itself to its original location if it is open and the user clicks anything else that is NOT an object in the AnimalHabitat group.

So here is a functioning one. It does everything I want, though I suspect I can combine the last 2 points mentioned above into one event. What I’m curious about is why the normal inversion won’t work as in: Cursor/touch is on an AnimalHabitat inverted.

The orange outline doesn’t work as a regular inversion, unless I change its order by moving it to before the block about Cursor touch on Animal habitats, and then the rest of the events won’t work. But the NOT works for some reason.

Ok that’s a touch released event. If I disable that and go with a touch down/not on an AnimalHabitat object to get rid of the menu, same thing. The normal inversion won’t work but this will. Even if I change the order and place it below the block of events above.

So if anyone can tell me why this is happening or pointers if I should be approaching this in a different way. Or even pointers on combining the last 2 things in my list of things I want the menu to do, because they’re so similar I know there must be a way. I’m really just saying, if the menu is open and the player touches anywhere that is not the building they touched to get the menu open, then close the menu.

Edit to mention, some of the objects are different instances of the same object. Could this be behind it?