I have 5 ideas for features in gdevelop (Mainly stuff around 3D), hopefully you enjoy :) [not valid]

I Know how hard it is making a game engine, so i don’t expect all of these to make it into the engine.

3D Physics: this would be mainly useful for 3D Puzzle games and Sandbox Games, this could also be useful for horror but i’m not sure where that would go

3D Videos: i dont mean videos that require 3D Glasses, i mean like in unity how you can import videos into the engine and put it on a box. this could be useful for TVs, Billboards or computers in games

3D Text: this is just text but 3D so i’ll just skip this one

Texture Blending: I Think this would be really cool, because it would make games feel more realistic in a way, and valve (the company that made half life, tf2 and portal) has used this technology since around 2004! if not earlier!

Improved Lighting: i know it’s probably too much and i’m sorry about that, but i’ve really wanted this since 3D was first introduced! i’m not asking for unreal engine type visuals, all i really want is shadows of the objects in game. wait nevermind that last one was probably too much

so those are my ideas, there probably never going to be put in, and if they do i’d be surprised. hopefully you liked this :slight_smile:

EDIT: I forgot to include scene transitions, i think these would be really good for every game made with gdevelop

2 Likes

I like these ideas! For the 3D physic there is the Open collective, check it 3D Physics Engine - Open Collective

Fro scene transition there is already an extension who can help you

1 Like

thank you so much! i’ll be sure to try the scene transitions : )

1 Like

Hello,
Thank you for your topic.
I’ve noticed that you made more than one request in your message. Please take a look at ⭐ Welcome to the User Feedback channel! to revise a couple of rules before posting.
You’ll notice that if a topic has more than 1 request, it cannot be classified /processed.
I suggest to take some time to edit this original post to leave only one request, and split your other demands in other topics. :slight_smile:
Thank you for your help!

2 Likes

no problem, sorry about that by the way, i didn’t know that i couldn’t put more than one, but atleast i know now, thanks anyway! :slight_smile:

1 Like