Implementing a system for players to share images in game?

First of all, I’m so glad I found this little gem of an engine, I had put some game ideas I had on halt because I just am not that great at coding and I was using Construct 2 but the free edition is pretty much worthless.

Anyways, I just started working on a new project and I have some ideas I was thinking to implement down the road, and I was wondering if this one in particular is even possible to do in gdevelop, I was thinking of something along the lines of having the player draw something in game, some kind of digital painting, and have them upload it to the game so that other players can see it and cupvote and comment on it or something along those lines, would something like that be even possible in any way? I’m not asking for how to do it, as I’m not even close to actually implementing that on my game, but I it is possible and anyone has any idea how to do it and doesn’t mind giving me a rough idea of the steps it would involve I wouldn’t complain either.

Well, that’s pretty much it for now I guess, thanks for reading me, and don’t be afraid to leave a comment, even if it’s just to say hi, I really wouldn’t mind :unamused:

Hi.
Welcome on the forum :slight_smile:

In case you want to make a paint or drawing program for people to draw images and share them with the public, not sure if GDevelop is the best way to go. What you asking is possible in theory but not without coding I’m afraid.
Using JavaScript, you can save the canvas or WebGL context in to an image file and then you can upload the image to a server to share it or you can also let the user save it on the computer . Since, it can not be done without coding, I would not recommend using GDevelop for this project, you would be better off making this from scratch using JavaScript and Pixi.js.

But I hope you going to find other, more realistic projects to work on with GDevelop :slight_smile:

Thanks for the welcome and the reply, I suspected that would be the case, I actually know a little javascript and it doesn’t sound extremely complicated, so I may look more into it later when I get to that part, I was thinking more in the terms of making it some kind of minigame for the players to earn some xp or money by getting votes or something like that, the main game I’m working on I pretty sure the engine can handle it, altho tilemap support for isometric tiles would be a gift from heaven but I figured out a way around it for now I think.

Anyways, I don’t really mind doing some coding if I have some kind of and idea of what I have to do and I can find some documentation about it, coding the entire game? that’s a whole 'nother beast, I just get overwhelmed when I don’t even know where to start