Include com.google.android.gms.permission.AD_ID permission

Hello, I tried adding AdMob to a test application just to check that I can make it work (since I have no downloads) and when I upload the AAB to Play Console, I get this warning:

"Warning
In the Play Console advertising ID declaration, it indicates that your app uses an advertising ID. A manifest file in one of your active artifacts does not include the com.google.android.gms.permission.AD_ID permission.

If you do not include this permission in the manifest file, the advertising ID will be converted to a string of zeros. This may cause advertising and analytics use cases to stop working, and lead to revenue loss. More information

You disabled launch-blocking errors. To re-enable them, update your advertising ID declaration."

So my question is, isn’t the permission included directly when compiling the app when using AdMob? I couldn’t find an answer about this topic in the forum.

Hello. The AdMob plugin does add the com.google.android.gms.permission.AD_ID permission to the Android manifest when built. I just checked by exporting a project and building it for Android. This would be the same thing the one click exporter does.

Since the warning says “a manifest file in one of your active artifacts” it is probably not talking about the aab you just uploaded, which would have that in the manifest.

So, if you just uploaded this aab as a testing track it is probably talking about your store listing. If that is the case just update your advertising ID declaration for that app in Play Console back to not needing it, since your store listing does not have ads. When you finish your testing, you may update your store listing using an app from your library - select the aab used in your testing track and update your advertising ID declaration for that app.

If the aab you uploaded was for your store listing, then it is talking about one of your old testing tracks. You can ignore the warning because no one is likely to be using one of your old testing tracks. People getting your app from the store will have the correct permission in the manifest so won’t get replaced with zeros. But to fix it just go to the testing track, update the app, choose update from library and choose the app you uploaded to your store listing.

1 Like

You were right once again, the problem disappeared when updating the trial versionâ€Ļ Thank you!!!
Although now another problem appears, I think it has to do with the admob sdk, I guess it will be updated soon.

here the warning:
SDK issues in its latest production version, 10002 (1.0.2)
July 22, 2024 15:06
com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads-lite:20.6.0
Google Mobile Ads (GMA) SDK (com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads-lite) added this note for SDK version 20.6.0:

Starting June 30, 2024, this version will expire. For more information, visit āĻ…āĻŦāĻšāĻ¯āĻŧ āĻāĻŦāĻ‚ āĻ¸ā§‚āĻ°ā§āĻ¯āĻžāĻ¸ā§āĻ¤  |  Android  |  Google for Developers.

Starting October 21, 2024 at 12:00 a.m. (UTC), you will not be able to release new versions of your app that contain this version of the SDK to production or open testing.

1 Like

Yeh those artifacts have messed me up too, the first time it happened.

Yeh the GMA SDK update message went out days after I had answered you. I was sure you would try my solution and get the warning and think I was an idiot.

Yeh the GDevelop devs are on top of things as usual, they’ve already done the required SDK update and will be releasing it soon.

Glad you got it resolved, once you find out those testing tracks are counted against you, the bizarre messages and warnings when you have already fixed your store app make more sense.

1 Like