Invert Color Effect

I think its pretty self explanatory but here’s an example, it would be really useful to add dark mode if my game is only black and white or the opposite.
Invert the colors of graphics, white becomes black, black becomes white, orange becomes blue and so on, here’s a tool so you know what I mean but its a common effect

2 Likes

Hello NinetyRalph.
Are you refering to dark mode for images (as you show on your example), or dark theme for the UI?

If it’s the latter, GDevelop’s “official” theme is the dark purple theme (dark theme because it’s environmentally friendlier, and purple because it is the updated colour of GDevelop).
To activate it you can do the following:

• Open your app and click the burger menu (the 3 horizontal lines on the upper left corner)
  • Go to “Help” > “File” > “Preferences”
  • Select “GDevelop default Dark” on the “Appearance” section

If this is not what you were looking for do let us know (I recommend to update the content of your topic for future readers).
Thanks.

Hello, thanks for your reply but I mean a layer effect that inverts the colors, this is a simple effect on most image editors, white becomes black, black becomes white, orange becomes blue and so on, here’s an online tool to try it out

if you mess with the color map layer effect, you can just invert the template color map to get your invert effect!

1 Like

I have seen many games use it when time is stopped to indicate everything is not running with flow of time except player

I say its good idea to have such effect
@Luni I bet he meant effect on layers and/or on objects
Most image editors have option to invert black and white
But some well kinda also most have option to invert colors same way it inverts black and white

So i do say it would be cool think to have

2 Likes

Just to reiterate what was mentioned above, if you download the color map template image, and invert the colors in an image editor, it should invert your layer/object/etc.

I cant remember if just basic invert will do it or if you need to rotate the color RGB, but it should work.

2 Likes