Is there a good extension for making buttons?

Hi, I’ve experimented with coding my own buttons, and while I value the learning experience a lot, I think it’s time to move on to an extension so I can spend less time on them. Problem is, I can’t find a good extension for it. Or a bad one, actually, at least not in the place I’m looking for, which is the built-in browser.

I found a promising thread here (New extension for Sprite Buttons) but the poster has removed the links. Not much more help on Github.

Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

1 Like

Hey there!

It’s true the other button extensions out there are clumsy or just state machines!
I sent you the extension I made in the dms!

Hope it helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot man! I really appreciate it :slight_smile:

Now this got me thinking, I’ve been using this method to add text on buttons:

Basically I have various instances of Button and ButtonText (a sprite and a text object), I link them via an object variable so each ButtonText knows to stay in the center of the linked Button object.

Would it be possible to make this automatically? I have no idea how extensions work, but I imagine this is possible. Something like adding a “Label” parameter for the sprite button?

What do you think?

Labels aren’t possible and I’m not gonna work on it anymore.
Just use the sticky extension and connect it at the beginning of the scene.

There were posts in the forum on how to connect multiple instances of the same object to one another so you can find out how to do that with multiple objects also :wink: