[Solved] Is there such a thing as image masks (not for collision)

Coming from a Flash background here - all I see when searching for masks is collision related topics - is there a way to add a mask in the Flash sense - only showing a section of the image/animation being masked?

1 Like

I mean, if u want like a window like view, u can make sprite in piskel and fill the center with transparent then it won’t be filled, u can put the background behind and it should work

Thanks - I might be able to do that as a workaround in my particular case, but it wouldn’t be practical with a lot of things I’d like to convert (that have multiple masks for example on different layers, some of which would overlap.)

Appreciate the reply though!

There is a mask extension in the extensions list. By using a red sprite you can mask other parts of another sprite.

2 Likes

Thanks silver, that sounds perfect. Have installed, just need to figure out how to use the thing (I couldn’t be newer to the program in general so admittedly I don’t even know the basics and shouldn’t be asking questions like this - but is it supposed to show up as a behavior - or am I supposed to type something in to stipulate the mask object, or…am I missing some documentation however brief?)

How find the mask extension, and other extensions:

1 Like