Manual Export with Cordova

What version of Cordova is this exporting to? It looks like an old version is still being implemented in G-Develop 5. I’m trying to export the game to iOS using capacitorjs 3.0. Is anyone here familiar with that? I keep getting a warning that the Cordova ionic-web-view 5.0.0 plug-in isn’t compatible. When I try to launch the app from my iphone I get a black screen and nothing happens. Xcode says no web view.

Manual Export doesn’t include cordova itself, just a config file that you can import into Cordova. You need to configure it yourself as far as I know.

Publish your game to Android and iOS manually using Cordova [GDevelop wiki] is the basic Xcode process, but someone may be able to chime in with more info.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I understand that it exports a config file. I was just wondering if it’s creating the file using outdated methods that aren’t taking advantage of the improvements in Cordova 10.0. Also, I am trying to specifically use capacitor 3.0 (as it seems this is improved over Cordova?) to convert the GDevelop export into Xcode to run on my phone. Sorry, I am not very familiar with any of this. It is all confusing. Does anyone have experience with Capacitor? Is there any plans for native GDevelop support for it like it already has for Cordova in the future?

We are using the latest version of cordova as far as I am aware. Capacitor is a whole other framework that is compatible with cordova plugins, not cordova Projects, so it is unlikely to just work.

Check out the steps I’ve documented here:

I’m using Cordova 10.0.0 and I was able to build my GDevelop game and deploy on my device for testing.