Miko Adventures: Puffball devlog šŸ˜®

What youā€™re doing is awesome. It looks graphically stunning and very fun to play. I would love to play a demo.

2 Likes

@erdo thank you so much!
The demo will be released with the game release which Hopefully will be this year ā€¦ I hope :smile:

2 Likes

ā€œForest Of The Deep Giantsā€ ā€¦ WIP

5 Likes

Added smooth camera zooming ā€¦ makes the game much more interesting and atmospheric.
Enjoy a sneak peak :heart:

Note: All what you see in this video is in early WORK IN PROGRESS ā€¦

3 Likes

Nice!

Just curious: How do you decide how and why zooming occurs? Invisible objects in the path? Coordinates? Items?

2 Likes

@erdo Thanks! :slight_smile:
And yeah based on the scene, items, invisible objects in the path, enemies position and more ā€¦ itā€™s kinda tricky and needs lots of testing to get it right or the right position.
Also based on the scene means sometimes there is an epic moment or a cool thing in the level (like in the video) then I use zoom to show the player how cool is it or how massive it is (the level is called ā€œForest Of The Deep Giantsā€ so yeah there is big stuff in this level to show the player ā€¦ it adds a bit of emotion and atmosphere to the game.
This zooming technique is used in games like Hollow knight, Ori and the will of the wisps, etcā€¦

2 Likes

Very nice. Keep going!!!

1 Like

ā€œForest of the deep giantsā€

3 Likes

I just released a long gameplay from inside Miko Adventures: Puffball :mushroom:
ā€œMusic and soundfx will be added in the futureā€
Hope you enjoy what you see so far :heart:

7 Likes

So fluid and colorful I love it :+1:

1 Like

@UlisesFreitas thank you so much! : )

Congratulations youā€™re now on the games showcase!!!

1 Like

Awesome to see it there, thank a lot : )

He has been for a long time tho

Ah, sure but now is like featured, big banner and links, thats what i mean.

WIPā€¦60%

4 Likes

Love seeing the progress of this project. Canā€™t wait for it completed

1 Like

Cool!
I think you should work on the contrast between the platforms and the background of the first environment.
You did it so well in the second environment.

1 Like

@convictedweirdo Thanks a lot :slight_smile:
Itā€™s getting closer and closer everyday :wink:
@RIR360 Thanks a lot, Iā€™ll take another look at it very soon and fix it :slight_smile:

Same location, same levelā€¦
Old

New (Puffball)

Improvements in visuals is just one aspect of many more in the upcoming Miko Adventures: Puffball
Iā€™m doing my best to create a unique and a fun experience.
I hope you like what you see so far :slight_smile:

6 Likes