Miko Mind Dreamer

Hi, this is the first devlog of Miko mind dreamer (The sequel to Miko’s Adventures)

So I decided to just sketch what the world is going to be like, and I think this could be a part of the full map not sure yet, It’s still very early and a lot needs to be added, also I don’t need the map to be too big because the bigger the harder it gets for a one man developing a game, I want to create a unique experience without stretching too much, Also I’m planning to make places diverse and feel different from each other.

There will be regions called: Greyedge, Deep shadow, Colet (Every name is open to any changes in the future) and every region will have it’s own unique story elements, objects, puzzles, feel and so on.

I just decided to start creating the map to get a feel of the world and where things will be, where is the important things, story, exploration, puzzles, enemies and so on…

I hope I can bring what’s on my mind (It’s a big idea and it’s going to be beautiful if I create it the right way)

Everything in this photo is going to change to a lot more detailed photo also more specific, with a lot more information.

See you in the next update …

1 Like

First look inside (Miko Mind Dreamer), testing Miko and how it feels when controlling him.
This is just a testing area, more updates are coming soon.

Hope you like what you see so far :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like that ‘fast-forward’ effect, I can see already Miko is going to a dangerous place again. I am ready :sunglasses: or maybe not :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a lot ddabrahim, glad you like it, and yup Miko needs to be ready for his next adventure, it will be full of dangerous stuff :wink:

Today was busy but Miko can wall jump now :smile:
What do you think ?

2 of many ways to wall jump in MMD based on the environment and the abilities Miko will have.
Let me know what you think?

Follow CorianderGames:-
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CorianderGames
itch. io: https://coriandergames.itch.io/

Little update talking about Miko Mind Dreamer. Please don’t forget to Subscribe, really need to grow this channel.
Video:

Enjoy!

Follow CorianderGames:-
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CorianderGames
itch. io: https://coriandergames.itch.io/

1 Like

And the classic fire balls are back also added ice balls and a sword too
You change weapons from 1,2 or 3 on keyboard
Each (ability - weapon) will be used in different situations
What do you think ?

1 Like

So like I promised, I made a video talking about the mechanics in Miko Mind Dreamer and some other stuff. Check out the video:|

Hope you enjoy watching.

3 Likes

I’m back and something is happening …
Untitled

1 Like

Change tint of miko in yellow and you have pikachu now :blush:

1 Like

Haha! now that’s an epic idea right there :smile:

Why my game takes so long to make ?
Bro look the fire ball turns into smoke now!! :astonished:

2 Likes

That game looks adorable! :grin:

1 Like

Hey! Thanks a lot :smile:

Oh so you thought you can wall jump only one way ?
Hmm…
(psst! walking particles still in progress!)

2 Likes

Alright these last days were pretty cool in Miko Mind Dreamer…

1- Finished and polished the fire ball attack
2- Finished and polished the ice ball attack
3- Finished and polished one of the hardest things I worked on in Gdevelop5 (It’s a secret that will be revealed very soon).
4- Fixed a lot of bugs in Miko’s animations (all of them were caused by hitting several buttons together so the animation wasn’t working properly, this is fixed now).
5- Added particles to Miko when he is walking, running or grabbing a ledge (increases the game feel)
6- Made some adjustments that makes Miko now so smooth to control for example :-
—you can change your weapons or tool while running or even jumping or in the air (This opens a
whole new possibilities in the gameplay which I think I might add and if it worked, it’s going to be
CRAZY COOL!)
—You can dash backwards now (YEAH).
7- Added some restrictions to Miko’s movement like:-
—You can’t use a tool (the secret that I will reveal soon) while you are climbing a ladder or wall jumping (This makes the player use his controls based on the environment)
Are you going to climb? then remove that tool
Are you going to solve puzzles maybe? grab that tool
And so on, this makes Miko feels heavy and everything have a purpose.
8- Climbing ledges while climbing sometimes might give you a small boost to keep Miko going but it’s still a work in progress (and I don’t know if I’m going to keep it or not).

What’s next on the list ?
1- Tomorrow I might just set down and clean my events and resources, folders and so on, I don’t want to start working on something new and I have a mess to clean (Which I do have yeah,lot’s of it :smile: )
2- polishing the sword attacks (I hope I can do some combos, I don’t know yet and I can’t promise anything) This one is REALLY going to take a while to polish! I hope not… (I might lose my mind on this one).
3- Play some games (I might get into a mental breakdown if I keep working like that for more than 15 hours everyday, this is not healthy, I need to chill out!).

After that ?
We go into the second most important part in the game, ENEMIES BABY BOI !
But I won’t touch that until Miko is looking and feeling almost perfect (Yes I love him!)

Now every couple of weeks or months I will do a recap like this post saying what’s been poppn’
Stay awesome!

Next update might come tomorrow with some cool stuff to see!

Somebody call the ambulance, Miko is on FIRE!!!
(Fire ball is finally done :D) Let me know what you think ?

Ice ball is also done!
Last 2 days were crazy, I did a lot of new stuff (I will share them soon!)
Let me know what you think?

2 Likes

Wait … what?

1 Like