So I had been looking into this old solution around blurry pixel fonts at large sizes/rescaled sizes: [Solved] Pixel art fonts are fuzzy, text / font blury
While I’ve tested it, and it definitely works, it has been over a year and no better or natively implemented solution appears to have occurred.
However, after some digging, I found this Github project: three-bmfont-text/sdf.md at master · Jam3/three-bmfont-text · GitHub
Apparently SDF/MSDF is a way to take TTF Fonts, convert them into vectors during rescale, then display them. Apparently it’s even better on memory/CPU performance than normal bitmap fonts.
The project seems to even have links to other projects that can convert TTF fonts on the fly.
Obviously, I am not a code contributor to GDevelop, but saw this and wanted to share since it seems like a potentially promising fix to an old issue, and one that could help with further optimization for games with lots of text.