New 'Object is selected' condition for clickable buttons

Hi, could we have the current Object is selected conditions merged into one new single condition? We currently need to use three conditions. So, instead of:

The cursor/touch is on Object
Touch or Left mouse button is down
Trigger once

it would be:

Object is clicked/tapped/selected

Or something like that. Just one condition.
This would make things much easier and quicker and it would also be simpler for beginners.

The new condition could have options for mouse button and trigger once.

5 Likes

That condition is for buttons in the Engine

1 Like

I’ve never used the GD buttons, yes you’re right, thank you! It does have the Is clicked condition. I still think my request is valid though as those panel sprite buttons are limited because they don’t have editable points that can be used in actions.

There’s a behavior called “Button states” that you can add to objects which adds the conditions you want.

Also to make one thing clear, the 2 events in your example are not the same.
The “Button clicked” condition is checked only once when the button is released, similar to “mouse button release” condition which doesn’t require trigger once.
It’s not the same as the “mouse button down” condition which checks on every frame while the button is pressed.

2 Likes

Even so i found my way around it i am all in for your idea

I see ppl suggest you button states
I suggest you Multittouch button
That is all you need from it

You just add it and change nothing here

Now your buttons are clickable and “touchable” so works on touch screens

Everything you can click here have that behavior

You can even add it to text object or bitmap text object

If i remember correctly i go with multitouch button behavior instead of button states
Is because button states is limited cutting you off from some stuff
I do not remember which i just remember it did prevent you from doing some things

But yeah i would wish to have dedicated action/condition for that purpose instead of adding behavior to everything i want to click/touch

1 Like

Thanks for all the info, the Button states behavior looks handy. As for my two conditions, the first one was a made up one. I typed the words into a comment and then changed the comment background color to look like a condition! And used a blue circle emoji to pretend it was the :large_blue_circle: object!

Another good tip, thank you.

Yes it doesn’t exist. I was noting that the “clicked/tapped” refer to a released state rather than “pressed” since you’re comparing the 2 events. But I get what you meant!

1 Like