Parenting system

Parenting system, objects move relative to the parent object

How would it work?

• You simply select 2 or more objects, you can then click Ctrl+P to parent the objects u have selected to the last object u selected

• When an object has gotten a parent the position will then change into a relative one to the parent!! fx: object 1 has position X: 200, object 2 has position X: 400. if i then parent object 1 to object 2 then object 1 position X will be -200 since it was -200 from object 2 when getting a parent!

• To unparent a object/child you would simply click Ctrl+Shift+P but if u want the object/child to be remove all parents (if the parent had a parent) you could click Ctrl+Shift+Alt+P just an example!!

• The childs position will be relative to the parent (including angle)

• when you select the parent and move it all the children will move too unless u double click the parent, when you double click the parent the outline of the other objects will become half transparent

• children will move like normal objects

• ( Maybe a action to parent or unparent objects? )

Visuals

• You could see that a object has a parent by clicking on the object, then the parent will have a little white outline so as all the children of that parent, the parent would also have a little white crown over

• In the instance list the parent while have a little arrow u can to see all the children under it (like if u made a sub-event or a group of events)

How you could use this

• If you wanted to make a gun in a 3D platformer u could simple make the gun a child of the player and you could then make a child of a gun at the tip of it so you can create bullets out of it :3

• You could easily connect things together by just parenting an object to the main object

• If you now wanted to set a object relative to another one instead of changing the position of the one object every frame to the object X and Y where it gets messy easily, then you could make objects parents to child objects

• You can easily make menus and move them around, ( i very much need this bc i make alot of menus like this )

what i had been because of this feature didnt exist, i made a new layer and put all the objects i wanted to be parented and i just moved the camera of that layer (most annoying thing ever.)

It would generally be a really nice feature to have since almost every engine has this and it really pays of. Implementing this wouldnt make annoying for the users like it was for the variable update😐

Is this similar to the sticker behavior?

yes with the position and angle
it isnt parenting tho

I guess u mean parent objects in the scene editor?
can u please explain cos i don’t undesrtand?Do u mean parent in game or parent in the editor?

You will parent them in the engine like: godot, unity and unreal engine.

ok i understand like in unity where a sub-object is parented to the one above…it would be basically an autosticker applied to subobjects…?..
but i dunno how useful it would be…probably it may be nice in 3d mode…like eg mount gun clothes, items…ecc…btw GL with the request

i explained how it could be useful in the first post