Player's center Help

can any help me for some reason when i put in Player.CenterX()/Player.CenterY() for my enemy to rotate to look at my player it never looks my way it look to a area away for my player and I don’t know why
(if it helps it for a top downshooter game )

How is your Player’s sprite?
Is it very big and only a few part is colored and place near sides?

[edit]
I read your post again and you are getting Player’s Centre point wrongly. You need to use Player.CentreX() and Player.CentreY() but instead, you are using Player.X()Centre and Player.Y()Centre

1 Like

Alternatively, it can be also Player.X(“Center”) and Player.Y(“Center”).

1 Like

sorry i am typing it that way. i just accidentally did it wrong but it doesn’t work that way for me

Please take a screenshot showing your actual events, and a screenshot showing your object that you are trying to rotate. We can better assist that way.

In Windows, you can take a screenshot by pressing the windows key + shift + S on your keyboard.

(Please do not post phone camera photos of your monitor)

1 Like

Are you near the Zombie?

[edit]
GDevelop does Rotation like this.
So, your sprite facing is facing up in 0 degrees and on 90 degrees, it faces to the right and same for all other angles.

1 Like

To clarify, we need the object settings in the object editor, not the scene/preview. Like when you set up the object animations.

do you mean this?

Almos in that screen click EDIT POINTS.

@Muzan is right with the rotation of the sprite. The side that should face the player needs to be adjusted to 0° (to the right) in the frame as shown in the diagram.

2 Likes

Is your image 2048px? if not
Well you ca try moving x,y to 0,0 then try the rotation in events, if that doesn’t work then move point x/y to the center of the image and try rotation event

@Demon1071 - the problem you have is probaly not caused by your player sprite. According to your events the player is probably the round thing with arms (the sprite you posted) . You mentioned that enemy (zombie) is not facing the player properly, so you need to adjust your zombie sprite by default to the right or 0° in your animation frame.

edit: in my edited post I thought the posted sprite is the enemy
edit2: I guess the green one is the enemy/zombie after all.

This is what @Drona means. Edit the image file so it looks like :

2 Likes

oh thank you it now works thanks for the help

1 Like

can someone please help me? I’m making a game using Gdevelop, but it glitches every few weeks. Whenever it glitches, I have to create my sprites again. I’m not sure why this happens.

Hi Elizabeth. It’s best to start a new post than add to one from 2 years ago. In it, explain in what way it glitchs. The more specific the better.

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t know how to start a new post.

1 Like